Cooperative Elder Services, Inc. is committed to helping elders and adults with disabilities remain safely at home and in their communities for as long as possible, to help prevent or delay the need for nursing home placement.
*Job Overview:* The Program Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day program operations to ensure that services required by participants are available and provided as regulated. The program director is also responsible for agency-wide initiatives and projects. This is an exempt position.
*Essential functions of the position:
** Responsible for the day to day program operations, including:
* Implementing CESI policies and procedures
* Management of personnel, including hiring, coordination of daily staff schedules, performance evaluations, and coordination of volunteers
* Oversight of program safety and emergency evacuation plans
* Establishing collaborative relationships with community services to ensure that necessary support services are available to participants and their families;
* Immediately notifying the participant, the participant’s primary care provider, and the participant’s legally authorized representative or contact person, upon a decision to discharge the participant from the Program
* Responsible for program growth by increasing community awareness and maximizing programming, in order to reach census benchmarks
* Collaborate with the director of development to access grants and scholarships
* Develop, plan, and implement the activity and recreation programs to meet the goals and needs of individual participants, and the group needs of all participants.
* Complete all regulatory documentation on all participants in a timely manner
* Participate with the multi-disciplinary team to develop Care Plan objectives for each participant, providing updates to the team on a regular basis
* Assist with activities of daily living, including toileting and feeding, as needed.
* Maintain and track the activity supplies stock, ensuring supplies are always available, working with an assigned budget
* Represent the agency at outreach, education, marketing, and other community events
* Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or designee
*Qualifications & Skills:
** Bachelor's degree in human services or a related field or an associate's degree with bachelor's obtained within 5 years of employment
* Minimum 5 years experience in a management/leadership role, working with adults in a professional capacity
* Experience working with seniors preferred
* Computer proficiency required
Please email cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time