Position Title: Adult Day Health Activities Director
Summary: In promoting the philosophy and commitment to Aging in Place and Client Centered Care, the ADH Activities Director will work as part of an integrated team in fulfilling the responsibilities, functions, and/or activities that enable us to achieve excellence in the quality of care and services provided by Sanborn Place, Home Care & Day Services.
Responsibilities: To provide the clients of Sanborn Day Center with Quality of Life Activities in a medically supervised, safe, homelike environment. Willing to work with the Administrative Team promoting the professional growth and development of Sanborn Place, Home Care & Day Services.
- Develops and implements activity programs that meet the individual and group needs of participants
- Supervises and directs Program Assistants in carrying out program activities
- Maintains accurate and current monthly notes on participant-centered activity plans
- Plans and schedules activities and social events — includes monthly calendar, daily schedules and monthly newsletter
- Organizes and schedules outside activities and therapies
- Collaborates with the Social Worker and Registered Nurse in developing, implementing and reporting the plan of care for each participant
- Evaluate program assistants, and regularly updates the social worker, ADH Director and clinical staff on personnel issues and member concerns
- Performs marketing, networking and community outreach
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
Reporting: Adult Day Director and Associate Director
Scheduling: Full-time Position. Regularly scheduled hours 8am-4pm, flexible as program requires
Requirements: Direct experience in activities, with Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Must have experience in working with elderly or disabled adults and a strong commitment to promoting the well-being and health of others. Candidate will be able to lead groups and individuals in a caring and enthusiastic manner. Candidate should be able to communicate effectively with others. Preferred candidate should have a minimum of two years of management experience and a minimum of two years experience working with adults in a health care setting in a professional position. A therapeutic specialist or certified activities professional preferred. Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook. Meet necessary qualifications to fulfill job responsibilities and maintain on-going education and updating of skills by attending trainings, conferences and networking meetings.
Applicants may call our main office at 781-944-6262 to set up an interview.