Responsible for the provision of quality activities for Spectrum clients. Acts as a liaison between Spectrum and external sources to access activity resources and community events for Spectrum clients.
1. Is certified as a therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional by an accrediting body recognized by the Department; or
2. Is a qualified occupational therapist; or
3. Is an occupational therapy assistant; or
4. Has at least two years of experience working in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one of which was full-time in an activities program in a health care setting.
5. Certified in CPR and First Aide or willing to obtain.
6. Strong communication skills.
About Spectrum Adult Day Health Program
Spectrum Adult Day Health Program, a program of Lahey Health Continuing Care, provides a specialized and supportive environment for people with Alzheimer's disease and related memory disorders. The only program in the region recognized by the Alzheimer's Association for it's commitment to staff training and support. Our multidisciplinary team of professionals is sensitive, caring, and specially trained to care for individuals with cognitive impairments.
For more information please go to: http://spectrumdayprogram.org/services/
Lahey Health Continuing Care works passionately to address the needs of frail and chronically ill adults, as well as those recovering from illness or injury through a series of services including home health, short-term rehabilitation, assisted living, adult day health and long-term care.
For more information please go to: http://www.laheyhealth.org/continuing-care
We offer a collaborative, forward thinking work environment, opportunity for professional development and career growth and an attractive compensation & benefits package.
How to Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 139725 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen.