Requisition #6030 Activities Director (Adult Day Health, Dorchester) Schedule: Monday - Friday Salary: Salary commensurate with experience.
• Develop and implement a therapeutic activity program for each participant
• Direct and supervise Activities Coordinators and program aides regarding activities program in his/her own program.
• Collaborate with participants and other staff to create activities programming, including social and cultural events.
• Research community resources for programs and outings.
• Complete Activities Assessment and Develop individual activities plans for each participant.
• Write therapeutic activity notes at least one time every 90 days or more often as necessary in each participant’s health record that documents the participant’s therapeutic activity needs, participation in, reaction to and current preference for activities. Assist in overall operation of the program and activities.
• Assist in daily assessment of health, safety, and psycho-social issues of participants.
• Participate in the development and review of each member’s care plan.
• Assist as necessary with other adult day health services.
• Must be certified as a therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional by an accrediting body or a qualified occupational therapist or occupational assistant.
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
• Driving License Required? Yes